Sunday, December 4, 2011

PS.

Hi, if you or somebody you know has Poland Syndrome, I would love to know your story. I am going to blog my thoughts and feelings on Poland Syndrome when I have time. Depending on how serverely you were affected by PS.  it can be a very hard thing to deal with.  I am also a young girl so if you have any advice I would love if you would share it with me and anyone else who happens to read my blog.  I am very inspired to beable to communicate with girls that happen to have Poland Syndrome, no matter what you're age is.   Please tell me you're story and any thoughts or questions you have.  We can get threw this together!
                                                                                                                       Sincerly,
                                                                                                                                       PS. Lilly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I got your comment on my blog. Sorry it took me this long to respond. I understand that you're still young. It took me a long time to be ready for surgery and I wasn't ready until this year (and in a couple weeks i'll be 21). So taking time to think about this is completely normal. In response to your comment about being 'normal'. For me it was never about being 'normal' sure I say to myself it isn't. But for me it's about not feeling self-conscious anymore. As from my previous photos I didn't have the best chest area at all!! So this surgery for me was more than just correcting my poland syndrome, it was about making me comfortable in clothing and not having to worry if the padding in my bra felt right or if my breasts look even. I'm still in the process of correcting the size and shape so I'm still not 100% but I will get there. Also when i was growing up, i was a like "i was born this way for a reason". But I also thought just because this was the way I was born, doesn't mean i have to like or live with it. And its certainly not the easy route at all. This is a very big decision to make, and in my eyes the only route for me to take. All i can say is that for my younger life after being teased and the self-hatred for having poland syndrome this is probably one of the best decisions I will ever do for myself. Its one less thing to worry about. Anyway it's not like i'll never have anything to remind me who I am. I'm not ashamed of having Poland syndrome, this is just something that makes me feel comfortable. I'll be able to wear low-cut tops and wear nice bras. Go to the beach without wearing a shirt of my bathers. It's doing a lot of great things for my self-confidence. Not only am I more confident when meeting guys, just hanging around with my girlfriends it's made a difference. I've realised that I have don't compare my physical appearance as much to other girls. Anyway I hope this has helped you with ur decision.

    ReplyDelete